The festival is open to anyone that is interested to attend it. Registration is required to attend the festival.
- Capacity building on Citizen Engagement and Deliberative Democracy Practices.
- Showcase and learn about ongoing important files of citizen engagement run by the Commission by relevant services, notably the Conference on the Future of Europe.
- Illustrate why greater engagement of the public in policy-making is even more needed now than it was before the outbreak of Covid-19. Further strengthen and widen across the Commission the understanding of the role of citizen engagement in all phases of the policy cycle, especially focusing on co-creation and deliberative practices.
- Showcase citizen engagement that services are conducting or supporting, e.g. the Horizon Europe Missions and in the Member States.
- Address some cross-cutting challenges with practitioners in the field, e.g. evaluation.
This content is offered by the European Commission. The European Commission is the European Union's politically independent executive arm. It is alone responsible for drawing up proposals for new European legislation, and it implements the decisions of the European Parliament and the Council of the European Union.