law, justice, fundamental rights, human rights & democracy
European Citizen Engagement and Deliberative Democracy Festival
- Capacity building on Citizen Engagement and Deliberative Democracy Practices.
- Showcase and learn about ongoing important files of citizen engagement run by the Commission by relevant services, notably the Conference on the Future of Europe.
- Illustrate why greater engagement of the public in policy-making is even more needed now than it was before the outbreak of Covid-19. Further strengthen and widen across the Commission the understanding of the role of citizen engagement in all phases of the policy cycle, especially focusing on co-creation and deliberative practices.
- Showcase citizen engagement that services are conducting or supporting, e.g. the Horizon Europe Missions and in the Member States.
- Address some cross-cutting challenges with practitioners in the field, e.g. evaluation.
The European Commission is the EU's politically independent executive arm. It is alone responsible for drawing up proposals for new European legislation, and it implements the decisions of the European Parliament and the Council of the EU.