Announcements

Welcome Back to School!

Welcome Back to School!

autor Lilas OLS Community Manager -
Počet odpovědí: 0

Bonjour tout le monde! Hi everyone! 

Time has finally come: it is the start of your mobility! Whether you’re moving to France, Belgium or any other country, the whole OLS team is wishing you the best for this academic year! We’re very excited to be part of your language learning journey! 

Moving to another country and immersing yourself in a new culture can be quite intimidating, especially if it is the first time. I, myself, am from France, and studied in the U.S and in Spain. I was quite shy in the beginning and experienced some trouble finding my words in English and Spanish, which is completely normal.

After a few weeks, my language level and my self-confidence skyrocketed. Speaking to people was becoming easier and easier and I became more and more confident in myself. I came to the conclusion that practice is the key! OLS is here to help you on this. In the « Practice Your French » forum, you can have conversations in French with other Erasmus+ students and mobility participants. In addition, do not hesitate to ask any question you may have about the French language in this very same forum. We’ll be happy to answer! 

Furthermore, another challenging aspect of moving to a different country is the culture shock, which might be more or less intense depending on your country of origin and your destination country. Don’t worry! We will help you with this as well! If you have a question about anything related to living in France or in Belgium, please leave a comment in the « Living Abroad » forum. There, you will be able to chat with other Erasmus+ students and mobility participants and ask your questions to the French Community Manager - myself. You are not alone! 

I am happy to affirm that my exchange semesters abroad were definitely some of the best time of my life! I am wishing you nothing but the same for your mobility!

One last thing! If you haven’t already, please have a look at the two following articles. They will give you precious information about the French and Belgian cultures:

The whole OLS team and myself are wishing you a great mobility! 

Lilas, OLS Community Manager – French 

Source: Unsplash