Announcements

❝ Spanish People Are Very Kind and Will Help You in Every Situation ❞

❝ Spanish People Are Very Kind and Will Help You in Every Situation ❞

de către Bernat OLS Community Manager-
Număr de răspunsuri: 0

Pamplona

Source: Unsplash

HOLA, community.

Are you going to participate in a mobility programme in Pamplona, or are you simply curious about what life is like in the beautiful region of Navarre? Check out our latest interview from the My language learning journey ❞ series. A few weeks ago, we had the pleasure of talking with Laura Picchi, a 22-year-old from Italy who spent an entire academic year studying at the Conservatorio Superior de Música de Navarra

Find below some of her most relevant phrases ⏬:

I absolutely recommend Pamplona, and Navarre in general, as an Erasmus destination. Personally, I fell in love with this city and would go back! (even if it rains a lot! ☔). It’s a very liveable city, quiet and safe, yet vibrant and full of cultural activities and entertainment! There are places to relax, have fun, and make great friends. Additionally, you can visit many nearby places like San Sebastián, Getaria, Zarautz, Bilbao, Olite, etc. Most places are reachable on foot and safely, even at night. In general, Pamplona is not a very expensive city. ❞

One thing I didn’t know about Pamplona is the custom of Thursday's "el jueves de pinchos". On this day, everyone goes to cafes/restaurants to eat super tasty pinchos! The one thing that I liked the most is Parque Yamaguchi, a beautiful Japanese park.

I think it's absolutely normal to be concerned about speaking a new language in many everyday contexts, but Spanish people are very kind and will help you in every situation. What I recommend is to make new friends to practise the language and learn to write, for example, through messages. It's a great exercise! Personally, I practised listening thanks to "TED Talks", which are useful because you learn many interesting things besides the language.  ❞

If you want to read the full interview, click HERE.

Let's Talkhablemos

Would you like to share your Erasmus + experience and inspire others? If the answer is YES, write to us in the comments of this discussion topic (or send me a private message), and we will interview you.

¡HASTA LUUUUUUEEEEEEEEEGO! :-) 

Bernat, OLS Community Manager – Spanish