OLS Video Contest
Do you want to share your language learning journey on OLS and talk about your mobility experience? Are you ready to take the chance of winning an Interrail Global Pass? Join now the #OLSCommunityStories video contest!
How to participate
- Create a video talking about your language learning and mobility experience and publish it on your Instagram, TikTok, Facebook or YouTube profile using the hashtag #OLSCommunityStories
- Once you have published your video on Instagram, TikTok, Facebook or YouTube, share the link of the video and fill in the requested information for participating in the contest on this webform via EU Survey (the European Commission's official survey management tool). For accessing the webform you will need to insert the same credentials of your EU Academy account used for OLS (EU Login).
- Keep a copy of your video stored on one of your devices in case you are shortlisted for a prize.
Topics to be covered by your video
We would like to hear about your experience in learning a new language. You can pick one or more of the topics listed below:
- Tell your story about your personal experience in learning a new language
- Describe some interesting aspects of the language you learned
- Share your knowledge in the form of basic language learning activities
- Give some advice and tips on language learning
Rules of the contest
- Entries that do not comply with all the points below will not be considered eligible for the contest:
- Videos must be focused on the experience of the author in relation to language learning as described in the above list of suggested topics. Videos out of topic, having derogatory/offensive content, promoting trademarks, companies or brands and incentivizing the use of alcohol, tobacco, or drugs will not be considered eligible.
- The language used in the video should be the language learned by the author and/or English. Participants using their native language will not be considered eligible.
- Videos should be at least of 1 minute length and maximum 3 minutes long. Shorter or longer videos won’t be considered eligible.
- Videos should be published in one of the authors’ social media accounts using the hashtag #OLSCommunityStories and the link of the published videos should be submitted using this webform via EU Survey. For accessing the webform you will need to insert the same credentials of your EU Academy account used for OLS (EU Login).
- Only one entry can be submitted.
- The person submitting the video must be an OLS Community member and must be the sole person shown in the video.
- Videos should respect Intellectual Property rights and not use copyright protected content (music, images, trademarks, company names, etc.)
- The submission of entries is open until 31 May 2023 at 12 am CEST (midnight), when the webform will be closed
What’s in there for you? Prizes and evaluation criteria
At least 20 videos will be shortlisted and will be published on the OLS Open Area on EU Academy and shared on OLS Newsletter and on relevant European Commission and EACEA websites, EC corporate platforms and/or EC social media accounts
Among the shortlisted videos, the authors of the 10 best videos will be awarded with an Interrail Global Pass (7 days of travel within one month).
The videos will be evaluated by a jury composed of OLS Community Managers, communication and language learning experts from the OLS Team and representatives of the European Commission according to the following criteria and scores:
- Content Relevance of the video (up to 10 points)
- Creativity of the video (up to 10 points)
- Quality of the video (up to 5 points)
- Proficiency of the language used in the video (up to 5 points)
Before submitting your entry, please read the data protection notice in relation to the contest.
So what are you waiting for? Click here and share your language learning story on video for the chance to win an Interrail Global Pass!
|Status||Discussion||Started by||Last post||Replies||Actions|