Early Childhood Education and Care: Improving Children’s and Staff’s Digital Competence through eTwinning Projects
The short course “Early Childhood Education and Care: Improving Children’s and Staff’s Digital Competence through eTwinning Projects“ aims to raise awareness about the importance of the digital competence development in children of early years (3-6 years) and ECEC staff. One of the fundamental characteristics of eTwinning projects is related to the importance of the use of technology by children to support the construction of their knowledge, highlighting their role not only as critical consumers of this technology but also as creators.
Additionally, this short course aims to raise awareness about the importance of digital competence development in the different agents of the educational community, also approaching the importance of data protection and the treatment of "fake news".
Duration and workload
Early Childhood Education staff from different European countries.
- Connect and facilitate a meeting point between Early Childhood Education staff from different European countries interested in improving their digital and teaching skills.
- Recognize the importance of the development of the digital competence of staff and children for the development of eTwinning projects.
- Identify different programmatic elements of school as the Digital Plans of Schools as a means to promote the improvement of the Digital Competence of the whole school community.
- Identify digital tools that facilitate the development of cooperative activities in eTwinning projects.
- Recognize the possible risks involved in the use of digital technologies from the Early Childhood Education stage.
This content is offered by the European Commission. The European Commission is the European Union's politically independent executive arm. It is alone responsible for drawing up proposals for new European legislation, and it implements the decisions of the European Parliament and the Council of the European Union.
- How This Course Works
- Module 1: Digital Technologies
- Module 2: The Digital Plans of the School
- Module 3: Tools and Resources for Early Childhood Education Staff
- Module 4: Final Assignment – Submission and Peer Assessment