Essential Skills for European Citizens' Initiative Organisers
This course will be most useful for current and potential European Citizens’ Initiative organisers, and the citizens actively engaged in supporting and promoting ongoing European citizens’ initiatives. The course will also be valuable for people with a wider interest in the democratic processes in the EU – researchers, students, citizen activists etc. who might not be directly involved with any specific initiative, but are interested to learn more about it as a tool for participatory democracy on the EU level, about EU law and the competences of the European Commission and would like to broaden their understanding of how the EU works and what role active citizens may play in influencing its policy agenda.
1. Develop an in-depth understanding of the areas of Commission competences in order to be able to formulate European citizens' initiatives that fall within them; and acquire the skills needed to manage the registration process;
This content is offered by the European Commission. The European Commission is the European Union's politically independent executive arm. It is alone responsible for drawing up proposals for new European legislation, and it implements the decisions of the European Parliament and the Council of the European Union.
- Meet the trainers
- Module 0: The power of a million of people
- A practical guide on the course
- Module 1: Understanding the areas of Commission competences and managing the registration process
- Module2: Campaigning for a European citizens’ initiative
- Module 3: Support Networks, Fundraising and Advocacy
- Wrap-up with Trainers