Upon completion of the first module of this MOOC, you will:
- Understand how Smart Specialisation contributes to the increase of innovation potential of countries and regions.
- Understand the value added of evidence-informed policymaking, based on the unique combination of quantitative (statistical analysis) and qualitative (surveys, public consultations, interviews) methods adapted for innovation policy design.
- See the relevance of the Smart Specialisation concept as adaptable to different economic and institutional contexts due to its bottom-up approach.
- Be familiar with the pilot experience of selected countries designing Smart Specialisation Strategies beyond the EU.
- Have an overview of the main challenges and issues related to implementing and designing Smart Specialisation Strategies.
- Be able to explain the main pillars of Smart Specialisation, such as governance, Entrepreneurial Discovery Process (EDP), monitoring and evaluation, as well as how they may change based on local capacity and existing policy framework.
- Görüntüle Complete and pass the activity