The Degree of Urbanisation
Statisticians, geographers, digital cartography technicians, administrative officers in the spatial planning domain, policy makers in territorial planning at national and subnational levels. Researchers in the domain of Earth Observation may also be interested.
- Map population on a territory of interest with a population grid,
- Classify grid cells based on population size and density, and grid cells contiguity by Degree of Urbanisation,
- Transfer this classification to small administrative or census subdivisions of a territory,
- Create shareable maps of territorial analytics linked with settlements and their sustainability levels.
This content is offered by the European Commission. The European Commission is the European Union's politically independent executive arm. It is alone responsible for drawing up proposals for new European legislation, and it implements the decisions of the European Parliament and the Council of the European Union.
- Module 1. Background and welcome
- Module 2. Introduction and overview
- Module 3. The built-up surface layer
- Module 4. The population grid
- Module 5. The degree of urbanisation grid
- Module 6. The territorial units classifier
- Module 7. Application perspective
- Capstone. Submit your project