What is Better legislation for smoother implementation, and why it needs teamwork
Policy-making benefits from collaborative networks and multidisciplinary approaches that help providing a better legislative answer to societal issues. This course is the first course of the BLSI training path. It is provided by the Better Legislation for Smoother Implementation community (https://joinup.ec.europa.eu/collection/better-legislation-smoother-implementation/legislation-technology), which aims to foster connecting people, organisations and solutions around the goal of reaching legislation that is smoothly designable, implementable and digital-ready.
The course discuss what is Better Legislation for Smoother Implementation (BLSI) and why it needs teamwork. It also gives an introduction to the BLSI training.
This course is addressed to policymakers, policy officers, service managers and IT officials working in policymaking or in public service delivery within the EU institutions and in governments in general.
- Be introduced to the key elements contributing to Better Legislation for Smoother Implementation
- Be aware of the value to consider digital aspects of policies early-on in the policy cycle
- Be aware of the value that different profiles can bring to design digital-ready policies, in a spirit of multidisciplinary policymaking
This content is offered by the European Commission. The European Commission is the European Union's politically independent executive arm. It is alone responsible for drawing up proposals for new European legislation, and it implements the decisions of the European Parliament and the Council of the European Union.
- What is Better Legislation for smoother implementation
- Working in multidisciplinary teams: A key enabler for BLSI
- The BLSI Learning Hub
- Further resources
- Meet the team & BLSI Community
- Congratulations! Certificate & Feedback