"Living abroad" Forum

Tips on travelling by train in the Czech Republic

Tips on travelling by train in the Czech Republic

OLS Community Manager Martin發表於
Number of replies: 0

Hello my fellow traveler, 

I hope you have wonderful time and you are eager to learn something about the life in the Czech Republic. No matter whether you are here already or plan to come. 

Today’s discussion should be about your experience how to get around this place.

Please share you experiences and tips on travelling within the country and individual cities.

I am starting the discussion on getting around by talking about travelling by train because trains had in 2022 the most connections and  they were reliable according to the statistics in comparison to other means of transport.

I grew up here and the best way to travel around the Czech Republic as a local is by train. This is just my opinion.

I know there are many bus companies which can offer you a great deal and this is solely your choice. We can also discuss the bus travel in next forum. 

Tips on train travel within the Czech Republic:

• Get your ticket in advance - there might be time limited offer on tickets bought in advance
  • See for group and weekend tickets - maybe you want to explore the country with your friends and many companies offer discounts for weekend travellers or bigger groups.
  • See about the possibility to get some sort of discount card - meaning you become a frequent traveler on a specific route for your study or work, then you should see whether there is an offer for you to hold a discount card which would make your ride even cheaper.
  • Use your ISIC if you have one or any prove for minor travellers - there are discounts for students and minors 

Share also you thoughts about different places in the Czech Republic you visited in the discussion thread here.

I am wishing you a safe journey and looking forward to your replies.

Martin (Czech OLS Community Manager)