“Practise your Bulgarian “Forum

National Holidays in Different Countries

National Holidays in Different Countries

by Reneta OLS Community Manager -
Number of replies: 0

Hello everyone!

Inspired by the National holiday in Bulgaria - 3rd of March, I came up with an idea to suggest to you to practice Bulgarian Language by asking you to tell me more about the National holiday in your country.

Try to write 2-3 sentences in Bulgarian (only if you feel confident enough), or in English, explaining when and why is the national holiday in your country. Start by mentioning the country's name, the date and the reason for celebration.

I will start first.

BG: В България на 3-ти март празнуваме Деня на Освобождението от Османската империя. Този ден е важен за българската история, защото през 1878 година България отново става свободна държава след пет века на робство под османското иго.

EN: On March 3rd, Bulgaria celebrates the Day of the Liberation from Ottoman rule. This day is important for Bulgarian history because in 1878, Bulgaria once again became a free state after five centuries of slavery under Ottoman rule."

Now it is your turn. Add your sentences in the discussion below.

Reneta, OLS Community Manager – Bulgarian

(Edited by Guido (OLS Community Manager) - original submission Monday, 6 March 2023, 2:38 PM)