"Living Abroad" Forum

Design, What Does it Mean to you?

Design, What Does it Mean to you?

Alison Jenster - OLS Community Manager
Vastuste arv 0

Hello Everyone

Check out the recent article on Danish Design and how it has been an inspiration to designers worldwide wether in architecture, furniture, fashions, or graphic designs. The article: Danish Design, The Aesthetic Philosophy will explore the influences on Danish Design, its features, its origins, and how it has influenced designers.  

Denmark is synonymous with elegant and timeless design solutions that prioritise user experience and sustainability. So today, I wanted to see if design means anything to you and if if changes anything in your day to day. For example, I love cool furniture and decorative pieces for my apartment. To have a little corner where I can sit on a plush leather chair, drink coffee out of a cute cup, read a book and have candles lit on decorative candle holders, it really changes the afternoon into something cozy or "hyggelig". So for me, interior means a lot and can help shift my mode that day. 

How about you? Does interiors calm you down like me? Do architectural gems make you feel larger than life? Would you invest in an expensive and aesthetic chair to improve your homes´ atmosphere and create a sense wellbeing? What is your design aesthetic? Let us know in the discussion below how you feel about design in any form. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts!