Introduction to the Core Public Service Vocabulary Application Profile (CPSV-AP)
This course is mainly intended for analysts who are interested in expanding their knowledge of CPSV-AP. The analyst as is in charge of translating business needs and requirements into data and information requirements used by the IT systems and applications, relying on the information conveyed between business leaders and IT developers. Therefore, an analyst must be able to understand the strategic challenges of an idea while simultaneously understanding the technical principles related to the development of a solution.The course is therefore presenting 3 main concepts: interoperability, Linked Data and the RDF standard. Prior knowledge in any of these concepts is a plus, but not mandatory.
At the end of this module, the participant is expected to be able to:
- understand what CPSV-AP is;
- understand the benefits of using CPSV-AP as well as the concepts of interoperability and Linked Data;
- read and interpret an RDF file and the different concepts that compose it;
- read and interpret CPSV-AP specification;
- structure basic public services according to CPSV-AP;
- be able to support the implementation of CPSV-AP.
This content is offered by the European Commission. The European Commission is the European Union's politically independent executive arm. It is alone responsible for drawing up proposals for new European legislation, and it implements the decisions of the European Parliament and the Council of the European Union.
- 1. Course structure
- 2. Introduction
- 3. Prerequisites for mastering CPSV-AP
- 4. What is the Core Public Service Vocabulary Application Profile (CPSV-AP)?
- 5. Benefits of using CPSV-AP
- 6. CPSV-AP walkthrough
- 7. Modelling data with CPSV-AP
- 8. Mapping existing data with CPSV-AP
- 9. Implementation guidelines
- 10. Building a catalogue of services
- 11. Final assessment
- List of useful resources