Module 3 – Housing Redevelopment and Maintenance
More than one week
This module aims to raise the issue of the municipalities' role in housing, to equip municipal managers with the necessary understanding and tools of how to develop and manage housing sustainably and equitably for emergency needs and long-term for the overall quality of life in the city.
This module is curated by Ro3kvit experts.
The target audience of this module are teams from small, medium and large municipalities in Ukraine.
The municipalities form their own teams based on competencies and responsibilities.
After this module, you will be able to:
- Convey the core aspects of the problem of housing inaccessibility and understand the general condition of housing provision in Ukraine,
- Determine the possible roles of municipalities in housing management and housing policy issues,
- Understand the relationship of the housing sphere to other spheres like social security, urban planning and economic development,
- Have an understanding of the different housing needs and contemporary approaches to housing,
- Identify advantages and disadvantages of different models for housing.
This content is offered by the European Commission. The European Commission is the European Union's politically independent executive arm. It is alone responsible for drawing up proposals for new European legislation, and it implements the decisions of the European Parliament and the Council of the European Union.