Sustainability in the Classroom and Beyond – Engage the Whole School!
Detalhes do curso
‘Unsustainability’ is the current default for a lot of institutions and lifestyles – how can we turn that around and make ‘sustainability’ the norm? A lot of progress happens in the classroom, and recently, the United Nations and the European Commission identified the whole-school approach as a good way of imparting sustainability to pupils.
This course will help you to get started with a whole-school approach to learning for sustainability, using your classroom as an entry point.
The course will start on 19 September and conclude on 26 October 2022. The estimated workload is 3-4 hours per week.
Duration and workload
The course is aimed at teachers who wish to make sustainability a more integral part of their classroom work, their school culture and their pupils’ lives. Other school staff may benefit from it, as well. No prior knowledge of the topic is required.
Objetivos de aprendizagem
- Gathering ideas for whole-school activities on sustainability
- Understanding how to make your lessons impactful and avoid ‘greenwashing’
- Learning how to collaborate with the local community toward sustainability
- Reflecting on your school’s vision and checking to what extent you ‘practise what you preach’
- Drafting a pitch to implement – or improve – the whole-school approach in your school
Este conteúdo é oferecido pela Comissão Europeia. A Comissão Europeia é o braço executivo politicamente independente da União Europeia. É o único responsável pela elaboração de propostas de nova legislação europeia e implementa as decisões do Parlamento Europeu e do Conselho da União Europeia.
- Getting Started
- Module 1: Learning for Sustainability – Beyond Recycling and Polar Bears
- Module 2: Pedagogy – Think Global, Act Local
- Module 3: Community – It’s Not (All) About Personal Responsibility
- Module 4: Whole-School Practices – Walking the Walk
- Module 5: Final Assignment