Global Covenant of Mayors - Cities taking action against climate change
A few hours
The Course will guide you through the Global Covenant of Mayors for Climate & Energy (GCoM), a global alliance initiative which involves more than 10,000 cities and local governments all over the world. You will gain insights into the methodology and key requirements around the three GCoM pillars: climate change mitigation and adaptation, and Energy access. Success stories and interactive activities characterise your learning experience. The course provides the know-how and skills to develop a successful Climate Action Plan and deliver climate ambitions into practice. Access to the course is free, open, and accessible to all interested in GCoM.
The course targets decision-makers and planners in municipalities and local governments, as well as citizens.
Following this course will enable you to:
- Understand key background concepts: Climate Change, mitigation, adaptation to climate change, and sustainable development.
- Learn about the Global Covenant of Mayors for Climate & Energy methodology and framework.
- Acquire the skills and knowledge to develop a successful Climate Action Plan.
- Link the Global Covenant of Mayors’ main features to cutting-edge themes.
- Discover regional specificities and success stories.
This content is offered by the European Commission. The European Commission is the European Union's politically independent executive arm. It is alone responsible for drawing up proposals for new European legislation, and it implements the decisions of the European Parliament and the Council of the European Union.
- Module 1 - Presentation
- Module 2 - Mitigation Pillar
- Module 3 - Adaptation Pillar
- Module 4 - Energy Access Pillar
- Module 5 - Transversal Knowledge
- Module 6 - Regional Chapters of GCoM