UCPM - Introduction to the Union Civil Protection Mechanism
Civil protection experts, experts from related fields, researchers, scholars, etc.
After completing this course the participants will be able to:
- understand what is DG ECHO, European Civil Protection (CP) and European Humanitarian Aid (HA);
- recognise the commonalities and differences of civil protection and hummanitarian aid;
- know the relevant decisions and regulations about the UCPM and have an overview of their content;
- recognise the main components and tools of the UCPM;
- have an overview of how UCPM works in case of a disaster activation, as well as the collaboration of the different actors on site and the operational disengagement(demobilization).
This content is offered by the European Commission. The European Commission is the European Union's politically independent executive arm. It is alone responsible for drawing up proposals for new European legislation, and it implements the decisions of the European Parliament and the Council of the European Union.
- Welcome to the introduction to the Union Civil Protection Mechanism
- Lesson 1: Civil Protection and Humanitarian Aid
- Lesson 2: The Union Civil Protection Mechanism (UCPM)
- Lesson 3: Relevant legislation regarding the UCPM
- Lesson 4: The components of the UCPM
- Lesson 5: How the UCPM works in case of a disaster