A magical castle in the UK

A magical castle in the UK

Кількість відповідей: 101
A MAGICAL CASTLE IN THE UK

by Claude, English Community Manager”

Do you love castles?
Then this article is for you, because spring is the perfect season to visit Britain’s most historic sites. In the UK there are around 4,000 castles, but my favourite is in Warwick, in central England.

Warwick Castle was built in 1068, but it’s in great condition. It is surrounded by a network of tall defensive towers.

I first visited it on a sunny day in May with my schoolmates. When we arrived, people welcomed us wearing medieval costumes. The atmosphere was magical. Every room was decorated exactly like in the medieval era. It felt like we’d travelled back in time!

Warwick Castle, England
What about you?
Do you have a favourite castle?
Which castles from your country do you recommend?
Tell us all in the comments section.
У відповідь на Перший пост

Re: A magical castle in the UK

Gonçalves Elsa -
We’re a I live a have one little city with a beautiful castle. I don’t remember the year but is very old. '
У відповідь на Gonçalves Elsa

Re: A magical castle in the UK

Sequeira Maria -
I leave em Oeiras here is'nt castles. But in Lisboa have a beautiful castle called castle of Mouros
У відповідь на Перший пост

Re: A magical castle in the UK

Gallo Garcia Camilo -
I lived in a city in portugal, it's name is guimaraes, this city is very beutifull and have a big castel with several tower
У відповідь на Перший пост

Re: A magical castle in the UK

Ibrahim Eman -
Acutely, I do not have a favourite castle, but I would to visit the warwick too.
У відповідь на Перший пост

Re: A magical castle in the UK

Moran Celia -
I love castles. I had the opportunity to know 2. 1 in Ireland, in Malahide. That casle was building in century 11, was the Talbot's family.
The other one was the Palacio de Fontainebleau, in France. Both were fascinanting.
У відповідь на Перший пост

Re: A magical castle in the UK

Sanchis Esther -
Hello, I don't have any favorite castle, but I want to visit some of them.
У відповідь на Sanchis Esther

Re: A magical castle in the UK

OLS Community Manager Claude -
Hello Esther,
Are you from Spain?
If you are from Spain, may I recommend two castles?
There are many, but I'd like to recommend two in particular:
Alcazar de los Reyes, in Córdoba, is my number one.
It's absolutely spectacular, with some dream-like gardens.
Also, there's Alcazar de Segovia, with its unique shape. It's simply stunning.



У відповідь на Перший пост

Ri: A magical castle in the UK

Pistillo Rita -
I live in Rome and my favourite castle is Castel Sant' Angelo
У відповідь на Pistillo Rita

Re: Ri: A magical castle in the UK

OLS Community Manager Claude -
Hello Rita,
That's amazing!
You live in one of the most beautiful cities in the world.
I remember visiting Rome in the 1990s and it was so wonderful. There were ancient monuments everywhere, like an open history book in real life.
And yes...I also remember Castel Sant'Angelo, what an imposing castle.
Thanks for your contribution.
See you on this forum again!
У відповідь на Перший пост

Re: A magical castle in the UK

Apablaza Urbina Esteban -
I live in Spain and here there're many castles around the country. Actually I am a fan of castles around the world, but I don't have a favourite one. In Catalonia when you hiking in the mountains, a castle can appear out of nowhere. It's very interesting to live in a place as Catalonia is.
У відповідь на Apablaza Urbina Esteban

Re: A magical castle in the UK

OLS Community Manager Claude -
Hello Esteban,
Very true.
I lived in Catalonia for three years and it's such a varied region with so much history.
There are *serious* mountains, amazing Mediterranean beaches, rugged terrains with amazing rocky formations, pine forests, Montserrat, etc. Oh... and let's not forget Barcelona!
I was in Terrassa.
Have you ever been there?
У відповідь на Перший пост

Re: A magical castle in the UK

düzparmak Gökay -
there is one as an old town this is such a good castle
У відповідь на Перший пост

Re: A magical castle in the UK

Berrio Igor -
I,m from Spain near of mu city, is Olite and Ujue in Navarra, this places are beautifull, can you visit this castells
У відповідь на Перший пост

Re: A magical castle in the UK

Tutavac Danijela -
Hello! I am from Croatia. We have many castles. But I recommend you to visit Trakošćan castle in the north of Croatia. The castle was built in the 13th century and was extended several times. Today in the castle you can visit the museum.
У відповідь на Перший пост

Re: A magical castle in the UK

Jacumini Rodrigues Luis Gustavo -
Its a beaty castle, i loved castle, i will visite one day.
У відповідь на Перший пост

Ri: A magical castle in the UK

Minione colomba -
i live in Naples and there are 6 castle, one for one king,
У відповідь на Перший пост

Re: A magical castle in the UK

Marriaga Belkis -
Hello, I am Belkis I like the Alcazar castle of Segovia Spain.
У відповідь на Перший пост

Re: A magical castle in the UK

MORALES ROA JENNY PAOLA -
Castillo Marroquín (Chía Cundinamarca) located on the outskirst of Bogotá, it was built in 1898 in an eclectic style that blends Gothic and romantic influences.
У відповідь на Перший пост

Re: A magical castle in the UK

hurtado rodrigo -
I live in Colombia, a good castle to visit is a San Felipe castle situated in Cartagena.
У відповідь на Перший пост

Re: A magical castle in the UK

Baños Gabriela Irene -
My favorite castle is located in my grandfather's town, in southern Italy, it's called Castel Ducal, and is in Corigiliano Calabro, Cosenza, Italy
У відповідь на Перший пост

Re: A magical castle in the UK

Chaqui Cuenca Carolina -
Hi my name is Carolina, I am from Ecuador

In my country doesn´t castles, but I would like to meet one
У відповідь на Перший пост

Re: A magical castle in the UK

Meneses Marco -
Hello, I'm from Portugal. We have many castles.My favorite castle is São João Baptista on Terceira island.
У відповідь на Meneses Marco

Re: A magical castle in the UK

OLS Community Manager Claude -
Oh that's spectacular, Marco. It's a proper fortress.
Are you from the Azores?
One of the most imposing castle I visited was also in Portugal, in Sintra. Have you been there?
У відповідь на Перший пост

Re: A magical castle in the UK

Ramirez Paula -
Hi
I live in a small country without castles, but someday I would love to visit the castles of the United Kingdom or London. I love large, beautiful castles and learning about their history.
У відповідь на Перший пост

Re: A magical castle in the UK

Rodriguez Guanaguaney Mario del Valle -
I live in Spain, there are many castles, but I like the Alcázar of Segovia.
У відповідь на Rodriguez Guanaguaney Mario del Valle

Re: A magical castle in the UK

OLS Community Manager Claude -
Hello Mario,
What a wonderful place the Alcázar of Segovia is.
Quite possibly the most intriguing castle in Spain... and there are so many to choose from!!!
My favourite is probably a lesser-known one in Almodovar del Rio, in Andalucía.
The views from there are breathtaking.
У відповідь на OLS Community Manager Claude

Re: A magical castle in the UK

Rodriguez Guanaguaney Mario del Valle -
У відповідь на Перший пост

Re: A magical castle in the UK

Moron zaritza -
Helllo, i live in spain, but i haven´t seen any castle. Someday i would like to visit the castle where the Harry Potter movie was made.
У відповідь на Перший пост

Ri: A magical castle in the UK

Metelli Giuliana -
Hi. I live in Brescia, in the north of Italy. Brescia has a castle with a beautiful view of the city
У відповідь на Перший пост

Re: A magical castle in the UK

Alves Rosa Safira -
My favourite castle is Windsor Castle in England. It is one of the most famous castles in the country and has a lot of history. I would love to visit it someday because it is beautiful and impressive.
У відповідь на Перший пост

Re: A magical castle in the UK

Cardenas Garcia Noa -
i'm from Columbia and I like the Santuario de las Lajas, this is not a really Castle is a Church. and an Germany where I live, I like, mmmm ! I am no sure because Germany has a very really beautiful castle. one of many mmmm Neuschwanstein. :)
У відповідь на Перший пост

Ri: A magical castle in the UK

CIRINO GIANLUCA -
I really love castles. Italy has a lot of them. However, in my region, most of them are abandoned or they have become ruins.
У відповідь на Перший пост

Re: A magical castle in the UK

TORRES PALACIOS GABRIEL ALBERTO -
I'm from Venezuela, my favorite castles is San Carlos de Borromeo Castle: Located in Pampatar, Margarita Island; built 1664–1684. I like to travel.
У відповідь на Перший пост

Re: A magical castle in the UK

Román Carrillo Daniel -
Hi everyone!
I love castles too! My favourite castle is the Alcázar of Segovia. It is in Spain, my country. It is very old and beautiful. It looks like a Disney castle!
I also recommend the Castle of Olite. It is very big and has beautiful towers.
The best castles in Game of Thrones are Almodóvar del Río Castle (Highgarden), Zafra Castle (Tower of Joy), and Santa Florentina Castle (Horn Hill).
Spring is a perfect time to visit Spain and its castles.
What about you?
Do you like Spain?
У відповідь на Román Carrillo Daniel

Re: A magical castle in the UK

OLS Community Manager Claude -


Hello Daniel,

What a nice comment from you!
It's true, the Alcazar de Segovia looks like a Disney castle, that was exactly what I thought when I first saw a picture.
I haven't been to Olite in Navarra, but everyone tells me that it's exceptionally good.

As for Almodovar del Rio, it is possibly my favourite. I've been there many times and it's amazing that not many people have heard of it. i took the attached photo a few years ago. The views from the top are amazing, aren't they?

You asked me if I love Spain. Yes, I do...I actually live here :-D.
Which part of Spain are you from?

I look forward to your reply.
У відповідь на OLS Community Manager Claude

Re: A magical castle in the UK

Román Carrillo Daniel -
I live in a small town near Madrid. The name is Arganda del Rey, but my family is from Alcalá de Henares, a very beautiful and historic city. It is famous in the world, and UNESCO protects it. Leonor de Cortinas was from Arganda. She was an intelligent historical woman from an important family and married to a surgeon. Most importantly, she was the mother of Miguel de Cervantes, the famous writer.
I love both places!
У відповідь на Román Carrillo Daniel

Re: A magical castle in the UK

OLS Community Manager Claude -
Hello again Daniel,
I've never heard of Arganda del Rey, but Alcalá de Henares is very famous and very picturesque too!
Spain is full of really nice towns and regions.
Which is your favourite part?
У відповідь на OLS Community Manager Claude

Re: A magical castle in the UK

Román Carrillo Daniel -
My favorite place is Cabo de Gata. My father was born there!
It is very far from my home, so I don't see my father very often, but I love this place.
It is a very beautiful natural park with beaches and old houses. My favorite spot is the Church of Las Salinas (Iglesia de las Salinas). It is next to the sea.
You need to visit this place! It is amazing. If you can't go, you can see the church and the roads in the music video Cosmic Girl by Jamiroquai.
Do you like it?
У відповідь на Román Carrillo Daniel

Re: A magical castle in the UK

OLS Community Manager Claude -
Hello again Daniel,
I heard of Cabo de Gata because a couple of students told me about it. It's in the Almeria area, am I right?
(I could google it, but I prefer to use my memory, ha ha!).
But, yes, they told me it's a wonderful spot.
I didn't know that Jamiroquai filmed a video there!
Not a fan of Jamiroquai, but I can tell you that around the year 2000 they were very famous in England.
У відповідь на Перший пост

Ri: A magical castle in the UK

cavaglieri medeiros tales vinicius -
I live near Asolo in Italy and there are many castles like this
Вкладення httpsupload.wikimedia.orgwikipediacommonsthumb77bRocca_di_Asolo.jpg330px-Rocca_di_Asolo.jpg?utm_source=it.wikipedia.orgutm_campaign=indexutm_content=thumbnail
У відповідь на cavaglieri medeiros tales vinicius

Re: Ri: A magical castle in the UK

OLS Community Manager Claude -
Hello Tales Vinicius,
Thank you for sharing such a nice photo with us!
Yes, Italy has a load of castles.
The most interesting one I saw there is called "Castel del Monte", in the south-east of Italy.
It's a very peculiar building, everything is octagonal (or hexagonal, I can't remember).
Have you been there?
У відповідь на Перший пост

Re: A magical castle in the UK

gonzalez Leandro -
A wonder is the castle, i like to travel some day
У відповідь на Перший пост

Re: A magical castle in the UK

Camacho Valencia Orlando -
A few weeks ago I visited the Alcazar of Segovia. This castle is an inspiration for Disney's castles. I liked the architecture, the Juan II Tower lets you see the city in full. This Castle was the favorite house for Kings of Castilla.
У відповідь на Перший пост

Re: A magical castle in the UK

chavez loor carlos -
I live in Barcelona Spain and my favourite castle is montjuic. and recommend visiting to the church sagrada family.
У відповідь на Перший пост

Re: A magical castle in the UK

cuicas sandy -
my castle favorite is the castle de saint barbara
У відповідь на Перший пост

Re: A magical castle in the UK

Pérez Dolz JESÚS -
hello, is really beautiful.
I live near the Roman Castle of Sagunto, Valencia.
У відповідь на Перший пост

Re: A magical castle in the UK

Quijada Maricel -
Hi, in my country there are many castles. But the most insteresting is the San Carlos Borromeo castle in the city of Pampatar, Margarita island.
У відповідь на Перший пост

Re: A magical castle in the UK

Padula Damian -
yes, i have a favorite castle. It is located in Segovia, it look as a disney one.
У відповідь на Перший пост

Re: A magical castle in the UK

Mancera Martinez Lilia Esperanza -
Hi, I'm Lilia and I'm from Colombia. I don't know of any famous castles in my country, but there is a park called "Parque Jaime Duque" that has a very beautiful, historic castle inside.
У відповідь на Перший пост

Ri: A magical castle in the UK

Galvani Lidia -
In the city where i live, there is a castle. It is very old
У відповідь на Перший пост

Re: A magical castle in the UK

Alvarez Santiago -