Innovative Learning Environments: From Theory to Practice
Descripción del curso
Innovative learning environments (ILEs) are educational ecosystems that link space and technology with active learning approaches to develop 21st century skills and enhance students’ engagement. Through this course educators will rethink the role of pedagogy, digital technology, and space design in classrooms in order to transform their learning spaces into flexible, comfortable, and technology-enriched environments through active and interdisciplinary learning scenarios.
Duration and workload
Start date: Monday 20 March 2023
End date: Monday 5 April 2023
Duration: 2 weeks and 2 days
Workload: 8-10 hours
The course targets educators of all school levels and subjects, as well as other in-school staff (e.g., school librarian, career counsellor, etc.), who are interested in expanding their knowledge on the topic of innovative classroom spaces.
Objetivos de aprendizaje
- Reflect on the main characteristics of ILEs
- Examine the principles underlying the design of ILEs
- Explore different learning methodologies associated with ILEs
- Discover examples of learning scenarios for ILEs
- Develop learning scenarios for ILEs and assess those developed by your peers.
Este contenido es ofrecido por la Comisión Europea. La Comisión Europea es el brazo ejecutivo políticamente independiente de la Unión Europea. Es el único responsable de elaborar propuestas de nueva legislación europea y ejecuta las decisiones del Parlamento Europeo y del Consejo de la Unión Europea
- How this course works
- Module 1: Principles of Innovative Learning Environments (ILEs)
- Module 2: Learning Methodologies for ILEs
- Module 3: Learning Scenarios for ILEs
- Module 4: Final Assessment